Semi-automatic CVmap systems can perform C(V) and I(V) plots at various frequencies (up to 10MHz) for wide current ranges, at customizable sites. These systems allow the ultra-repeatable measurement of different physical parameters of many types of samples such as SOI, SiC, low and high K films, extremely thin or thick oxides, doped semiconductors, USJ (carrier density) layers, carbon films.
The software part allows the configuration of several types of measurement and the display of the results in a simple and fast way. We therefore have access to the thicknesses of the insulating film, the dielectric constants, the leakage currents, the low dose ion implant densities, the epitaxial doping densities but also the integrity parameters of the oxides such as their Qbd, TDDB, defect density, breakdown voltage and the distribution of the interface traps.
Through connections to an external probe station, a wafer with patterns of Si, Al or another metal grid can also be tested and mapped all in a completely safe manner.
• Measurable capacitance: 0 to 20nF
• Current measurement range: 50fA to 1mA
• Sample size: from 10x10mm to 300x300mm
• Minimum contact area: 2E-5 cm2
- Checking the integrity of thin oxides
- Doping density profiling
- Resistivity measurements of semi-insulating materials and carbon fiber
- Pseudo MOST characterization of SOI structures
- Measurement on films with high and low K (USJ layer)
- Studies of ferroelectric samples
- Characterization of new materials such as silicon carbide (SiC)